Solid World Investor Letter — January 2023
January was very busy for Solid World, and we want to share some of the highlights with you!
This month’s highlights:
- We can’t give away the details just yet, but we are in the process of meeting a major milestone in our development with the finalization of all our needed LP commits!
- We announced a new partnership with Hedera, one of the leading sustainable blockchains! We will be using Hedera for some of our liquidity pools, and we will be using the Guardian dMRV solutions for those pools as well.
- We have completed the design work of Solid World’s forward carbon risk and ratings framework. We have applied the framework to assess the risk of our existing portfolio projects and also our partners have shown a good deal of interest in application of the framework for their own investments into forwards.
- Stenver took a trip to Davos to attend meetings surrounding the World Economic Forum. In addition to speaking at a variety of high profile events, Stenver was able to make some important connections that will help us with our launch. Stenver shared his story on Twitter and Linkedin.
- Our code is expected to go to audit this month.
New Opportunities for you!
- Invest in diversified carbon credit asset classes. This is an increasingly attractive option for companies like Google and BB looking to invest instead of offset to achieve net zero balance sheets. It’s also used as a hedge by some investors for bear-market, as the carbon demand is sharply increasing. 5-year average historical appreciation of assets in our pools is 30% YoY, and we pay an average 12% APR for holding assets in the pool.
New Articles and Podcasts!
- We published a yearly review that features some of our biggest accomplishments and challenges from the past year and all the things we have to look forward to in 2023
- In a recent interview with Subkit, Stenver talked about derisking carbon markets, and shared some insights about running a startup.
- Stenver and Rez appeared on a packed ReFi Twitter space hosted by our friends at Neutral Protocol. Recorded Twitter spaces only stay live for about a month, so you’ll have a limited time to check it out.
- Please let me know if there are any family offices in your orbit.
- Connections and meetings in person. Please reach out if there are any connections we could make while in town:
- We will be in Denver for ETH Denver in late February / Early March
- Stenver will be presenting at NFT NYC, April 12–14
- Stenver has moved to New York City, so he will now be able to meet in person if you live in the area. Reach out to set up a meeting!
- Please subscribe to Solid World (link), Stenver(link) and Rez(link) on Twitter.
About Solid World
Solid World is derisking climate financing by offering diversified ways to finance carbon projects. Carbon projects are used by corporates to reach net-zero emissions.
A big wave of sustainability commitments globally is driven by strong investor pressure. A growing number of companies like Google and Shell are looking to invest in carbon projects instead of buying and offsetting carbon credits. This allows them to reach net zero balance sheets without capital loss.
Solid World enables corporations and investors to scale their carbon investments to diversified and derisked carbon financing pools. It offers guaranteed delivery, transparent prices, 24/7 liquidity, and immediate buyers and sellers. Projects are subject to rigorous due diligence (ex-Bezero team) and are certified by reputed registries, including Verra.
We work with some of the largest carbon trading houses and investors, such as SCB, Vlinder, and Allcot. Backed by Tier-1 VCs like Greycroft and Taavet+Sten.