Solid World DAO Update For October 2022
The month of October was very busy for Solid World DAO, and we want to share some of the highlights with you!
This month’s DAO highlights:
- One of the biggest carbon prop trading desks has confirmed to be our LP!! We can’t reveal their name yet, but they are going to supply forward investment contracts to our platforms.
- We announced a new partnership with Neutral Protocol, a derivatives platform for ReFi assets, which allows users to trade carbon futures, options, and execute strategies. They are building derivatives on our financial infrastructure.
- The Solid World team gathered in Bogota, Colombia for Devcon, an annual conference hosted by the Ethereum foundation. Meeting in person allowed us to have some very productive and creative sessions. We were also able to expand our network of contacts in ReFi and Crypto.
- Stenver gave a presentation on carbon markets at the Sustainable Blockchain Summit in Bogota. A video recording of the presentation is available online.
New Opportunities for you!
- We are collecting commitments for our collateralized baskets and offering opportunities for some of our valued investors to become market makers, where they can earn a compelling risk-adjusted APR + have exposure to the principal of cross-collateralized forward carbon credits, which are expected to reach $100 T/CO2 by 2030 from $20-$30 T/CO2 now.
- This opportunity is open to you, and our automated on-chain tooling will take care of all the work for you — you can enjoy the yields and exit anytime.
New Articles and Podcasts!
- Rez shared his thoughts about the recent comments from Verra and Gold Standard about Carbon Credit Tokenization on a recent episode of This Week in ReFi. This week, a new episode also featured a deep dive on the downfall of FTX.
- We published a review of the team’s trip to Devcon, which includes some of the highlights from the events, as well as photos and videos from Stenver’s presentations.
- Please reach out if there are any hedge funds in your orbit.
- Or if you are interested in becoming a market maker for our protocol.
- Connections and meeting in-person. Please reach out if there are any connections we could make while in town:
- John is in Miami for Dcentral and Web3 Summit at Art Basel week, November 27th through December 4th.
- Stenver will be at SLUSH in Helenski, Finland on Thursday, November 17th.
- Stenver will be a speaker at the NOAH Conference in Zurich, Switzerland, which takes place on December 6th and 7th
- Stenver will be in New York from 8th to 20th.
- Please subscribe to Solid World DAO(link), me(link) and Rez(link) on Twitter.
About Solid World DAO
Climate projects want to stop climate change, but climate finance is untransparent and slow. This makes it incredibly hard for someone like an Indonesian mangrove or Spanish reforestation developer to find financing, which can take years. We are using DeFi to close the climate financing gap through fair, transparent and liquid markets with our Web3 protocol in a fast-growing market expected to reach $50B by 2030.
Solid World DAO is using DeFi to close the climate financing gap in the world’s first carbon supply-chain finance protocol. We deliver investor trust to the space with our world-class carbon de-risking model and infrastructure that guarantees transparent price, buyer and seller 24/7. Our supply-chain financing protocol will increase capital deployments in the carbon markets. We are backed by Greycroft, Taavet+Sten, Possible Ventures and other climate x Web3 funds. We have partnered with the top companies in the ESG and web3 space like SCB, Vlinder, Emsurge, Arbol, SustGlobal, Toucan, Flowcarbon, OFP, raised $2.7M of funding and have $5.5M TVL committed.